As the Lok Sabha 2019 elections approach, all the political parties in India have started their campaigns and rallies to collect votes. PM Modi also launched his campaign in West Bengal by addressing a mega Rally in Siliguri, North Bengal, today. The rally took place in Pasighat, the headquarters of East Siang district in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, at Pasighat stadium.
The PM, in his rally, referred to Mamata Banerjee as the ‘speed breaker of West Bengal’. “Didi put the breaks on the welfare on more than 70 lakh farmers in West Bengal. In other parts of the country, money is getting directly transferred in the accounts of farmers under the PM Kisan Samman Yojana,” said Modi. He also said that there was a chit fund scam in West Bengal and “Didi’s” ministers, officials, and aides looted the poor people. The Chief Minister also put a break on the Ayushman Bharat Scheme which would have helped the poor people that in case of sickness, they will be treated free of cost up to Rs. 5 lakh at hospitals and they won’t have to spend a single penny.
PM Modi also slammed Congress and said that it was Atal Bihari Vajpayee who built a separate ministry for the North-east, whereas the Congress did not give northeast any place here or even New Delhi. He also said that Congress only works for Vote bank, even if the country is suffering.
Regarding security forces, Modi said that AFSPA is a protective shield for the country’s soldiers so that they can take any step for the security of the country fearlessly. But the Congress wants to snatch it away from the army. Be assured that Modi is here, who will not let any intruders walk away.
“I want to challenge the hooligans on the TMC’s payroll. I want to ask them to leave all that otherwise when BJP comes to power, we will make sure that they are straightened,” said PM Modi.
On Congress’ Manifesto, the PM said, “Just like them (Congress), their manifesto is corrupt and full of lies. Therefore, it should be called hypocrisy document, not a manifesto.”
The PM, in his Rally, then talked about the development brought by BJP. Some of them included:
- You all have seen how Arunachal was neglected by previous governments for decades, you all have experienced it and seen it for yourself… You have seen how you were ignored in the past, but you finally have someone who accepts you, your culture and your traditions — who understands your dreams and aspirations and who works to ensure that those are realized.
- We never asked for votes in the name of farmers. But still, we made so many provisions and brought improvements in the condition of the farmers.
- More than 70,000 crore poor women have got free gas connections.
- This is an election contest between propriety and corruption.
- Pasighat has been developed into a smart city; various projects were implemented; every village has electricity.
- Arunachal Pradesh has rail connectivity, two new airports, new highways, better roads, electricity to the remotest villages, a new football stadium, and sports facilities.
Rahul Gandhi alleges that BJP was involved in Cash-for-Votes ahead of the Lok Sabha Elections. Randeep Sujrewal, the spokesperson said that Rs 180 lakh in Rs 500 notes were recovered during a raid on the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu’s convoy.
To this CM Khandu said, “It’s absolutely wrong. ‘Cash for Vote’ is rather practiced by Congress party. Investigation under Election Commission will reveal all the details. We have got the info that it has been recovered from a BJP candidate’s car.”