What is pride festival?
Pride festival is an open walk or match were gay, lesbian, queer, and all kind of people come together to celebrate love and freedom without any restrictions. It is also known as Pride Parade, Pride March, etc. The first Pride march took place in 1970, and June is considered as a pride month. People from all over the world come to celebrate and cheer with flags, banners, placards, and others.
Twin Cities Pride Festival
Twin cities are located in the region of Minneapolis, where Pride festival will be held on June 23, 2019. It is considered to be one of the biggest gatherings because it’s the 50th anniversary of Stonewall. More than 4,00,000 people are estimated to attend the parade. It is none profit organization which arranges the annual celebration every June. This year the route is not the same as the former years due to under construction of Hennepin Avenue, the route for this year parade is through the third street south, Convention Center and entering into Loring Park. To get the location, one should check the parade map.
Some interesting facts about this year pride parade
As mentioned it is the 50th anniversary of Stonewall who played a great role in promoting gay rights there are some great changes this year, they are-
• More than 400 exhibitors are expected to with several zones like Yellow, purple, green, Orange and blue each serving different purposes.
• Drag queens will try to create Gunnies World Record by bringing most drag queens on stage.
• Better arrangement of parking two-wheelers, four-wheelers around the cities corner.
• Loads and loads of food and beer to keep up your energy throughout.
• A big banner to honor the 50th anniversary.
All these facts pile up to a conclusion where we can imagine a great weekend fore, everyone, a lot of positive energy.
Image credits: Google Images > Twin Pride Parade and Explore Minnesota.