Alita: Battle Angel actress Rosa Salazar revealed that she would love to play a role in the next part of the movie.
Salazar appeared on Television Critics Association reception for her upcoming Amazon Prime series Undone. There she discussed the possibility of the sequel for the movie.
Rosa revealed that she would love to play Alita ‘ till her last breath’. She added, ” I would, and thanks to the performance capture technology I probably could.”
She further told that she hadn’t heard anything about the sequel yet. The actress also encouraged people to support the movie.
Further, she stated that it would be complicated at present because of the recent merger of Disney: ” Yeah, I mean they had a crazy merger. People are gaining jobs; people are losing jobs. The overall Disney/fox acquisition is so involved. This isn’t the right time for me to call Alan Horn and be like ‘ Hey bro, I know you got a lotta stuff going on but what about Alita 2?’ ”
Although the movie was successful internationally, it underperformed on a domestic scale. So the possibility of having a sequel is not definite.
While the profit earned could have encouraged the previous authorities for a sequel. The new owners of the franchise might be reluctant for the sequel. Disney has taken over 20 Fox Century’s cinematic intellectual properties.
SOME FACTS ABOUT ALITA BATTLE
- The movie is based on a Japanese manga Battle Angel Alita by Yukito Kishiru.
- It was a controversial movie and didn’t review fantastically.
- The movie premiered worldwide on January 31st, 2019 and was released in the US on February 14, 2019, by a 20-century fox.
- It earned 85.7 million dollars at the domestic box and 404.8 million worldwide.
- The film is currently available for purchase at 4k, Blueray, DVD and digital
- The film cast includes Rosa Salazar and Christoph Waltz.
- The movie is directed by Robert Rodriguez and produced by James Cameron.