The doctors slammed the parents of a one-year-old boy by telling them that they knew what they were doing after the parents warned the doctor’s about their baby’s condition. The doctors ignored their parents, and later the ignorance led to the death of the toddler.
One-year-old Jack Sands recently had surgery on his skull and was ready to be discharged from the hospital, but he sustained severe rashes around his body that worried his parents.
The parents then went through the Internet to understand the baby’s condition and discovered that the baby was having the symptoms of sepsis. The worried parents, Gemma and John, approached the doctors and informed them about the symptoms. But the doctors in response told them that they were professionals and they shouldn’t be taught by the parents about doing their work.
The parents from Goole, East Yorks, lost their child, who was about to celebrate his second birthday on 17th June 2018 at Leeds General Infirmary.
An inquest commenced today, and the surgeon, Paul Chumas, admitted that the medic personnel should always listen to the parents as they are always protective about their children’s health. During the inquest, senior sister Julie Cooper told that after the horrible incident, doctors had been specially trained to detect and spot sepsis signs.
The boy had initially admitted to the hospital after he suffered from a problem that obstructed the growth of the skull. He then had surgery for craniosynostosis. After the surgery, the boy began to feel sick and got pale and mottled. He also suffered from cardiac arrest that made Gemma’s father talk about this condition to nurses. He did inform the nurses, but the nurses ignored and never noticed the baby’s condition.