While a kid was enjoying his holiday at a restaurant, nobody imagined that it would be his last. A little boy died after choking on a single piece of sausage at Butlin’s holiday park in Sussex.
The family of the little two-year-old boy James Manning, especially his mother and grandmother, decided to enjoy the holiday trip at a seaside resort in Bognor Regis, West Sussex and visited the Butlin’s for having breakfast. But the trip dated 6 June 2018 turned out to be a tragic disaster for the Manning family; they lost their beloved and delightful little boy James.
An inquest recently heard that the Butlin’s staff just watched the little boy choke to death but didn’t care to help. Natalie Reeves, the grandmother, slammed them that they were standing around, and they were there for only standing. The grandmother and the mother tried to revive the son using a CPR but couldn’t resuscitate the little boy.
However, the paramedics who arrived at the scene were luckily able to revive the boy after turning blue and apparently losing consciousness. He was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. Even though he gained the consciousness, he couldn’t recover fully, and he was placed in life support. He went to spend the next two weeks in the hospital.
Six members of the staff from Butlin’s were present, but they didn’t try to help despite two of them were trained first aiders. The mother, at one instance attempted to clear the airway by hitting on the kid’s back.
The nasty death of James came short on June 20 on the local general hospital. The death was titled due to hypoxic-ischemic brain injury after a post-mortem examination. This condition generally arises when there isn’t sufficient oxygen flow to the brain.