One Plus has recently launched its new model. This new model is One Plus 8 Pro. It was launched on April 14, 2020. It is available in the market. The device is the talk of the town, but not because of its features or launch; it is in talks because of the problem which its users are facing.
Recently many users of the device faced the screen problem. So, if you are looking for the details of it or you have just bought this device, and you are facing the screen defect, then read below.
Features of One Plus 8 Pro
This new model sports:
- OS:- Android 10, Oxygen OS 10.0
- CPU:- Octa-core processor
- Size:- 6.78 inches with a weight of 199g
- Resolution:- 1440 x 3168 pixels
- Camera:- It supports 4 back cameras and one front camera.4 back cameras details:- 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 48 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Battery:- 4510 mAh battery
- Sound:- Stereo speakers
- Sensors:- Fingerprint
- Body Details:- 165.3 x 74.4 x 8.5 mm
- Radio:- No
- Color available:- Glacial Green, Ultramarine Blue, Onyx Black
What’s The Problem With Screens?
Recently, some of the users of this device are facing the problem with the screen of this device. Initially, One Plus said that their screens are suffering from crushed blacks and/or green tint. One Plus fixes this with an update. But some of the users aren’t experiencing any difference.
So, now One Plus has confirmed that it is a hardware problem. Some users posted their thread, confirming that they are either getting refunds or will send the device for repairs. So, it is now confirmed that this problem is related to hardware and can’t be solved with software.
However, One Plus hasn’t come forward to release any kind of statement related to this issue. We will update you with the same.